In 2019 Schwarzkopf launched the new packaging design for their global brand Schauma. The trusted hair care brand has a history of over 80 years and is traditionally providing hair strength and care for the entire family. In 2019 the brand got a new face, developed with baries design.
– Rejuvenate to a modern, eye-catching and lovable brand
– Revitalize the traditionally natural concept by stressing natural ingredients, vegan formulas & vitality
– Refine to be more emotional and family-oriented
– Differentiate family member‘s in packaging design (women, men, teens & kids)
– Unify global portfolio of almost 100 SKU‘s but stay colorful
– Strengthen brand impact and enhance flow of information on packaging label
The “vegan formulas“ icon is key element to convey the natural concept to the thoughtful user.
Key of the packaging design relaunch is the complete reorganization of the label, which primarily means the innovation of the circle and transformation into the centered design. This design step conveys a more emotional appeal and clusters the label information.
On top, the circles pop out with colored refinements.
To keep the brand‘s high recognition value, we kept the traditional model on top. Still, we set a highlight with the new model, that catches attention with her vital, natural smile and hair. Not only is the label reorganized, but we also unified the portfolio by switching individual bottle and cap colors for harmonized look.
Every SKU‘s got it‘s own new, natural ingredient icon to stress the naturalness. In addition, we stressed the natural concept with the „vegan“ icon, that was developed for the Schauma shampoos. Even the sticker on top supports with it‘s unconventional shape, that fits the bottle naturally.
Before and after comparison of the Schauma packaging design